1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Just upgraded from 2.1.3->2.2.1 - impressions

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 General Discussion' started by loopback-martin, Oct 23, 2007.

1. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

We have just upgraded to 2.2.1 and it seems to have worked just fine. The new version looks very promising, well done SWSoft!

There's only one thing that I've noticed so far, and it's the upgrade documentation.

When upgrading from 2.1.3 on CentOS 3.8 we needed to install all the sw-*.rpm files that were included in the tar-file. Expand depends on "sw-cp-server" and "sw-engine", and the upgrade instructions didn't mention anything about these. The solution is quite simple though, just install those files before starting the upgrade: "rpm -ivh sw-*.rpm". We also need to install our SSL certificate with the new http-server.

/Martin

2. slamp

slamp Guest

loopback-martin, did you upgrade your plesk servers as well? will there be any issues with upgrading only expand? right now we are running expand 2.1.3 and two plesk 8.1. Will expand work against older plesk versions?

3. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Thank you, loopback-martin

We will fix upgrade documentation as soon as possible.

To change default certificate please open
    /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/01_expand.conf
    file, find there the following line:
    Code:
    ssl.pemfile = 
    "/usr/local/expand/frontend/conf/httpsd.pem"

and either put your certificate in the location specified or change the path.

Restart sw-cp-server after that:
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart
    With best regards,

4. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

Grau: You're welcome! Can you please also take a look at this thread: http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49179
    Thanks!

Slamp: Same config as us then, we haven't noticed any issues except the above with out 8.1 plesk servers (both Linux and Windows) so I think it's a safe upgrade.

/Martin

5. slamp

slamp Guest

so i do not have to update my plesk servers after updating to 2.2.1? in the upgrade notes it says:

Note: After the upgrade, make sure that the latest available version of PSA API RPC is installed on all Plesk servers registered in Plesk Expand.

Currently I have:
    psa-api-rpc-8.1.1-rhel4.build81070404.14

Thanks again.

6. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Yes, you do not have to upgrade your Plesk servers. Plesk Expand 2.2.x keeps supporting Plesk 8.1.x version - that was one of Plesk Expand 2.2 new features.