• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Kaspersky antivirus for files

micfrip

New Pleskian
Hi,

I bought a license for Plesk antivirus that seems to use Kaspersky engine.

Is there a way to use the product to scan the files on the server and not only the mails ?

Many thanks in advance,

Michaël

Hi micfrip,

as far that I know, the Plesk Extension AntiVirus hasn't been invented to scan files and folders as you desire it. It is integrated as a mail - handler and nothing more.

Thank you for your reply.

Then, except ClamAv, what kind of product do the Plesk users usually take to scan files for viruses and malware?

Thank you for your reply.

Then, except ClamAv, what kind of product do the Plesk users usually take to scan files for viruses and malware?

I really good question.
What does Plesk recommend and what is other people using ? How do you detect virus malware and so on ?

//Jonas

Officially Plesk supports two antivirus solution - Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Plesk Premium Antivirus. Both of them are designed to scan mail, but not the file system. Any other antivirus solutions you can install and use at your own risk. Also you can check system with rkhunter utility:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/rkhunter -c

Back