• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue KB Article url changed, how to find it?

Chris Dempsey

New Pleskian
I moved the Plesk Backup Location to a mapped network drive but receive an error when executing a backup

Error: The backup process failed: (3, 'GetDiskFreeSpaceEx', 'The system cannot find the path specified.')

A Forum thread from 2016 covers the same issue and links to a KB article on how to fix it but the link is dead

Unable to create a backup on network drive: The system cannot find the path specified ( KB - article 128964 - last updated: Mai 12, 2016 )

Does the article from Plesk Help Center still exist? If so how do I find it?

Thanks,

Chris

Currently, Plesk for Windows supports backup creation on local NTFS partitions and remote FTP servers only. There is a Feature Request with ID #PPPM-4506 , backup creation on network drive is considered to be implemented in future Plesk updates.

I understand Plesk doesn't officially support backup to a network drive however my Plesk 12.5 server has been configured to do this for the past 2 years.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly how it was done so can't replicate this on my Onyx server.

I'm sure the issue is Plesk needs the network drive to be mounted under the System user to be able to access it. Also sure this was achieved using the SysInternals process utility PsExec from Microsoft TechNet.

Just don't know the exact steps to reproduce.

Back