• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Key lost after upgrade from PSA8 to PSA9

gijsbert

Basic Pleskian
I've been upgrading an existing PSA8 (CentOS5) server to PSA9 using the plesk-updater. In the "autoupdate succes report" I read the following after upgrade:

---
Exchanging information with licensing server. Downloading the file PSA_9.2.3/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done. Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK000XXXXX0018 to version=9.2.3 KA server said: you can upgrade your key automaticaly (result code is 0)
Cumulative upgrade has been started preparing to upgrade Plesk keys Starting Plesk Key upgrade task installing additional keys Plesk Key upgrade is prepared Trying to migrate admin params to clients table... Trying to shedule license displaying for admin login... done ===> Upgrade completed.
---

However, after the upgrade is completed and I login to the upgraded server, I receive the message: "The license key is invalid. In order to use the Parallels Plesk Panel, please obtain and install a new functioning license key.". I also see that my keynumber is plsk.00000000.0000 and it llooks like the key is not upgraded automatically.

So, I end up with a non-functional PSA installation. Does anybody know how can I check what went wrong and what I need to do in order to avoid this on other servers. I'm a little afraid to upgrade them right now :)

gijsbert,

Key upgrade should be automatically performed without any additional actions. You can try retrieve key now with corresponding button and contact your sales representative if it not help. Or create support ticket for "Licensing and activation" queue.

I have the same pb,
and when i update, the message is :
Downloading the file PSA_9.2.3/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.
Exchanging information with licensing server.base
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function iskeyprop() in Command line code on line 1
Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
The installation will not continue.

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license
will result in the installation of a default license with limited
functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate
license before continuing with the product upgrade.

Do you want to continue?

I've been upgrading an existing PSA8 (CentOS5) server to PSA9 using the plesk-updater. In the "autoupdate succes report" I read the following after upgrade:

---
Exchanging information with licensing server. Downloading the file PSA_9.2.3/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done. Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK000XXXXX0018 to version=9.2.3 KA server said: you can upgrade your key automaticaly (result code is 0)
Cumulative upgrade has been started preparing to upgrade Plesk keys Starting Plesk Key upgrade task installing additional keys Plesk Key upgrade is prepared Trying to migrate admin params to clients table... Trying to shedule license displaying for admin login... done ===> Upgrade completed.
---

However, after the upgrade is completed and I login to the upgraded server, I receive the message: "The license key is invalid. In order to use the Parallels Plesk Panel, please obtain and install a new functioning license key.". I also see that my keynumber is plsk.00000000.0000 and it llooks like the key is not upgraded automatically.

So, I end up with a non-functional PSA installation. Does anybody know how can I check what went wrong and what I need to do in order to avoid this on other servers. I'm a little afraid to upgrade them right now :)

I have this problem too after 8.6 to 9.3.

Any solutions out there?

Back