• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Key upgrade

B

bray

Hi All,

I have recently reinstated my SUS for one of my Plesk servers and have made backups in 7.0.4. I am now ready to install the 7.1.7 version of Plesk, make backups, then the 7.5.4 version.

My question is (which I can't seem to get an answer from my sales rep) when I go to upgrade my 7.0x key on SWSoft's web site, will it send me a 7.1x key since that is the next version or will it shoot me a 7.5x key since that is the latest version?

I need to know since I do not plan on upgrading to 7.5x all in one day (I'd like to spread the downtime out over a few weeks if possible).

Hope someone just has a quick answer for this since it's basically just "yes" or "no".

Thanks,

Eric

I did a multi-step (6 --> 7 --> 7R --> 7.5R) upgrade about 6 months ago using the on-line system Who-m3 mentioned. It worked flawlessly. I got a new key at each step of the upgrade. I can’t think of any reason why you couldn’t stretch it out over several weeks.

I have found that sales at SW do a very poor job at answering questions like this. I emailed them several times about upgrading, and they never replied. I now renew my Plesk SUS and purchase new Plesk licenses through 4PSA. They usually reply with answers to questions like this within a few hours.

John

Back