• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Laravel and supporting features in Plesk

Browning_IT

New Pleskian
Hi all - simpleton question for you all today.

I've got a customer that wants to run their Laravel framework based site on my Plesk Onyx install. I'm reasonably savvy, but lack the knowledge on how to implement or pre-configure some of their requests. Links to idiot-guides appreciated!

They requested:

"The website is developed using the framework Laravel using version 5.6.
You can find the list of requirement for Laravel at this address : Installation - Laravel - The PHP Framework For Web Artisans

This is the versions that software versions that we have in our staging environnement :

• Apache (version 2.4.33)
  • PHP (version 7.2.5) + Lib GD
  • MySQL (version 8.0.11)
  • Composer (latest version)
  • Node.js (latest version)
  • Git
Apache is configured to run PHP through PHP-FPM using mod_fcgid (version 2.3.9)"

Apache, PHP seem obvious.
Adding Lib GD seems like it would be simple command for CentOS / likely already installed.
Composer - not sure about that in plesk
Node.js - not sure about that in plesk
Git - not sure about that in plesk
Dealing with their MySQL request - I understand that Onyx uses 5.5, and I can see the 'add a database server' button, but it doesn't allow selection of different mysql version. Is there something obvious I am missing here?
Laravel - actually adding any packages and keeping it contained to only this vhost , how would one do that?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Cheers,

Back