• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Large mysql log file

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I have detected a 545MB file named /var/lib/mysql/bdd_mamps/dcha_ydbs2dn__itsec_logs.ibd
What is it, please, and how can I reduce it or eventually purge it?

Running latest Plesk Obsidian on CentOS 7.8

Regards

This seems to be a table and not a log file.
Check if you have a database called bdd_mamps and if yes you should have a table called dcha_ydbs2dn__itsec_logs

Well, after some research I found out that ibd files are indexed files created by mysql. That one is particularly large due to a large table of a WP plugin. All ok then. Btw, that could be a way of identifying particularly large tables without browsing to all the databases. And I am sure there must be some queries that do that, mine is just a simple workaround.

One way to find for example the top 5 biggest ibd tables would be:

Code:
# find /var/lib/mysql/ -type f -iname *.ibd -exec du -s {} + | sort | head -n5
This should correlate to the biggest tables AFAIK (not 100% sure tough)

Back