• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Leave port 8880

Edward Dekker

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

When i receive a message by e-mail of the webserver for an update, will be there a safety isiue by portnumber. Because of that when Plesk userinterface using two different ports, by portnumbers 8443 and 8880 when we visit a website or IP.

At this time there are no needs to use port 8880 anymore. Especialy with a lets encrypt certificate and plugins who updating automaticly the ssl certs.

For our safety it will be better to leave portnumber 8880 for now by Plesk Onyx at the configuration and language files.

Regards,
Edward Dekker

Last edited:
Hi @MarkM,

I've just removed port 8880 from the configuration file at sw-cp-server and sw-engine. That will works also and the Plesk Onyx server are not broadcasting port 8880 as @IgorG suggested. This option are more prefferd to me.

Change or remove port 8880 at any line by this article.

If you made a mistake by changing the port from 8880 to port 8443. You'll be warned by your sw-cp-server and sw-engine. Because than there are 2 same ports 8443 at the configuration files.

Check extra your status at:
Code:
sudo service sw-cp-server status -l
sudo service sw-engine status -l

Now do have i to find a way to switch any update messages by e-mail to HTTPS and port 8443 for users & admins.​

Last edited:
Me again,

I look at Plesk user interface for notifications and i am surprised by the fact that the language of the notifications not translated too into my favorite language. When a different default language are set into Plesk by the prefferd language selection.

Automatic Email Notifications

Last edited:
Back