• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Left navigation wrong after upgrade.

Z

zymsys

I upgraded two servers to Plesk 9. One is fine, and the other is mostly fine, but has this strange issue with the left nav still having the XP look instead of the new Vista look. I tried downloading the Vista skin from the good upgrade and uploading it to the "bad" upgrade, but it still looks the same. I also re-installed the skins RPM for Plesk 9.

I like the functionality with search of the vista skin, and a few of the icons are broken in the XP skin, so it'd be nice to sort this out.

Anyone else see this? Anyone find a solution?

I get the same thing in a brand new install (Centos 5 64-bit). Seems to be fine in the Parallels Plesk 9 demo though (looks nice).

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? I wonder if it as simple as that...(not tried it myself - just thought of it)

Faris.

Good idea faris, but no dice. I'm seeing the same thing from another PC which has never logged into that server's Plesk before. I'm still stumped.

I had this problem and after setting the Vista skin as default, the XP skin started working properly.

But it wasn't until I actually deleted every skin but the Vista skin, that I got to actually use the Vista skin.

Unfortunately deleting other skins (and also my own suggestion about clearing the cache) didn't help.

In my case I'm installing in a Virtuozzo VPS, and I note that the left hand panel, along with the login screen, are in some way linked to Virtuozzo (i.e. the login is generated by Virtuozzo rather than Plesk, and I think it also does something with the left hand menu in order to automatically add a Virtuozzo link in the menu).

So I think that might be the problem for me in some way, although Virtuozzo is up to date on our systems.

Faris.

I think you've hit the nail on the head Faris... I'm running under Virtuozzo as well, and you're right, it does seem to somehow relay and adjust the interface. This gives us a direction to look anyway.

Yes, this is due to the offline management/Power Panel settings in Virtuozzo. Which links into Plesk. If offline management is disabled in Virtuozzo for the container, Plesk 9 displays correctly.

Virtuozzo needs to be updated to work with Plesk 9 properly. But as usual there is no co-ordination between divisions at Parallels.

Actually it works for Plesk 9 under my own Virtuozzo, but I have a VPS with 1&1 just to have an outside server, and it is the one that has this problem. I don't know why my Virtuozzo is ok with Plesk 9 and yours and 1&1's are not. It seems I have an update you guys missed, but I couldn't say what it is. I thought it was a couple of months since I've run vzup2date.

Ok, I found something... I logged into the Power Panels for each, and mine is copyright 2008 - 1&1's is copyright 2005. Damn they're running an old version of Virtuozzo! I don't suppose they'll upgrade for little old me. Maybe for Plesk 9 and if enough customers cry about it.

zymsys - Do you have off-line management enabled for your containers? The issue only occurs when this is enabled.

Our Virtuozzo servers are running Virtuozzo 4 fully up to date.

Edit: This isn't a major issue, it's just something I would have expected to be fixed before release. Considering how much they seem to value Plesk/Virtuozzo integration.

Edit 2: I just realised I haven't tried Plesk 9 under Virtuozzo since beta. Which was before the latest Virtuozzo update! *looking very red faced right now* Will report back when we try final release today.

Running "grep OFFLINE_MANAGEMENT /etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts/108.conf" shows OFFLINE_MANAGEMENT="yes", so yes it is enabled, and no I don't have the problem on that VPS. This VPS is running the release version of Plesk 9 (as I am on 1&1). I don't know if I can turn it off for 1&1, but that might be a good solution for now.

I can now confirm that if Virtuozzo 4 is fully updated this issue will not occur with Offline Management enabled. However if your host has not updated Virtuozzo you will get this issue.

We are definitely 100% updated on VZ4 but still happening. Interesting :)

Faris.

I managed to persuade 1&1 to turn off offline management for my VPS, and it works great now. Thanks for your help!

Take care,
Vic.

I got the same results with the Beta and Final release of PSA9. Brought up a fresh install of another Virtuozzo4 server today and installed PSA9, still missing some icons on the left navigation with Offline Management *ENABLED*(Use the actual settings of the Hardware Node). Of course disabling it allows direct access to it via PSA9 itself and not via VZ, it is a small tedious thing, but at the same time would look like a broken product if I turned it over to the client who would access it via the Power Panel. Anyone hear anything about a possible hotfix or something?

I have a similar issue, i.e. after I disable offline management for the domain the skin correctly switches to "Vista" -- but no matter which other skins I select it never actually changes the skin which stays with Vista.

left nav still having the XP look instead of the new Vista look

I have this problem after an upgrade, too. It's still pointing to the winxp.new folder for the navbar.
I'm guessing styles.php needs fixing, but since it's encoded, I can't do it... =-(

I have the same Problem. But another question is: Can someone choose another skin than the "vista" skin? On my Filesysteme there are other skins, but i can't choose them.

Any news of a Hotfix or a way to correct the situation apart from disabling offline management?

Back