• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Let all go to IRC

N

nero0247

I am a PLESK user myself and would like to see more communication. I have opened a room on DALnet called #plesk

everyone please come on over so we can help each other knock out our problems.

IRC to DALnet and /join #plesk

nice idea although the plesk-server already allows to install
an out-to-date phpchat-system over the App-Vault.

In my search for knowlegde i found this post yesterday,

The problem was that i disabled all traffic to MYSQL in the Firewall Module... than you ran in big problems...

the solution via shell opens up MYSQL: /sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -j ACCEPT

so you can set back your Working firewall settings...

My Plesk 7.5.3 wasn't working anymore and the guys on #plesk (DALNET) have help me a lot !!! in other words they solved it...

Please make it harder to crack your scripts...

#Plesk (DALNET) quicker than the support desk of SW-SOFT

Great Guys!!!

renzo -

Glad to hear that you were able to solve your problem using IRC. There is nothing wrong with using an IRC channel for Plesk support, however by using this forum, I at least know I am not running the risk of getting an IRC related infection.

Thank you for sharing your solution with the Forum for others to benefit.

Just curious, did you post your problem here on the Forum first, and if so, which thread topic was it?

the other problem with using irc, is that the solution may help you and your immediate problem.

with the forum, it might help 10 or 15 people with their problem.

Exactly. We've discussed this before:
http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread...&threadid=11868

With IRC you're reliant on people being there to help, with the forums you can get help with perhaps a delay, but at least next time you refer to it, or if you want to refer to the help someone else has received, or if you want others to see the help you received, the forums are better.

<guilty plea>I chatted with Olga K. from Novosibirsk who works for SW-Soft </guilty plea>

Of course, I reported all the details here. ;-)

Back