• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt Certificate is not set in MailEnable via Plesk Tools &Settings

kondrich

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am using Plek Onyx 17.0.17 Update 14 under Windows Server 2012 R2 together with MailEnable Standard 9.60 (the latter was manually updated to the latest version). I am using Plesk Let's Encrypt extension for certificate handling and set my domain certificate of ulc-moedling.at in Tools & Settings/SSL/TSL-Certificates to secure mail server as well: "Certificate for securing mail Lets Encrypt ulc-moedling.at from ulc-moedling.at. [Change]"

However, this certificate is not set in MailEnable itself and causes TLS connection errors. When opening MailEnable console expanding Servers/localhost, right-click on localhost, selecting "Properties", no certificate is chosen under SSL.
Hence, I manually selected it, that made MailEnable working with TLS. I supposed this to be a one-time action only.

However, after first renewal of this Let's Encrypt certificate, the selection in SSL is showing (None) again and I can choose between (now) two certificates (of course).
So right now, I have to manually select the right certificate after each automatic monthly renewal through Plesk.

Is there a bug in Plesk, preventing the certificate to be set in MailEnable?

Last edited:
Hello,

>"this certificate is not set in MailEnable itself"
Are there any errors in Plesk UI when you are trying to install certificate into Mail Server?

> MailEnable Standard 9.60 (the latter was manually updated to the latest version)
Is this issue appeared after upgrading MailEnable? Or previous version is not working as well?

Hi,

@Errors in Plesk:
No everything is fine in Plesk. Seems like everything is set up correctly.

@MailEnable 9.60:
The problem occured in previous version 9.5X as well.

Back