• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Let's Encrypt Certificate is not set in MailEnable via Plesk Tools &Settings

kondrich

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am using Plek Onyx 17.0.17 Update 14 under Windows Server 2012 R2 together with MailEnable Standard 9.60 (the latter was manually updated to the latest version). I am using Plesk Let's Encrypt extension for certificate handling and set my domain certificate of ulc-moedling.at in Tools & Settings/SSL/TSL-Certificates to secure mail server as well: "Certificate for securing mail Lets Encrypt ulc-moedling.at from ulc-moedling.at. [Change]"

However, this certificate is not set in MailEnable itself and causes TLS connection errors. When opening MailEnable console expanding Servers/localhost, right-click on localhost, selecting "Properties", no certificate is chosen under SSL.
Hence, I manually selected it, that made MailEnable working with TLS. I supposed this to be a one-time action only.

However, after first renewal of this Let's Encrypt certificate, the selection in SSL is showing (None) again and I can choose between (now) two certificates (of course).
So right now, I have to manually select the right certificate after each automatic monthly renewal through Plesk.

Is there a bug in Plesk, preventing the certificate to be set in MailEnable?

Last edited:
Hello,

>"this certificate is not set in MailEnable itself"
Are there any errors in Plesk UI when you are trying to install certificate into Mail Server?

> MailEnable Standard 9.60 (the latter was manually updated to the latest version)
Is this issue appeared after upgrading MailEnable? Or previous version is not working as well?

Hi,

@Errors in Plesk:
No everything is fine in Plesk. Seems like everything is set up correctly.

@MailEnable 9.60:
The problem occured in previous version 9.5X as well.

Back