• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Let's Encrypt Certificates for Domain Alias' Subdomain

alexk

New Pleskian

Let me explain my situation.

I have domain.com that is hosted somewhere else on cPanel. I am migrating to a host with Plesk. In order to prepare everything ahead of migration I have setup domain.net on new host under Plesk. I have setup all the subdomains and certificates. As a test, for the time when migration comes, I purchased domain.org and setup as Domain Alias in Plesk, without redirection but with full DNS zone sync to main domain.

The reason I did this way is because I need to have subA.domain.org be the same as subA.domain.net without redirect.
Now comes the problem. When adding domain alias you can generate new Let's Encrypt certificate that would be issued to domain.net with DSN domain.org and it works great. However, subdomains don't get same treatment. So, when I open subA.domain.org I am presented with cert for subA.domain.net with no DSN to domain alias.

I have searched forums to see if I can find someone with similar issue and perhaps resolution to it, but either used wrong keywords or noone have posted question and simply found resolution on their own.

Can someone please let me know if there is a solution to my problem without setting up domain I am trying to migrate all over again?

Back