• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's encrypt: Connection unsecure

Cinematic

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've bought 3 months ago Plesk Web Pro Edition. Now, 3 months are passed, I have problems with the Let's Encrypt certificates. I bought several new domains a few days ago (2-14 days) and added them to my panel.

But every time I secure them with Let's Encrypt, I just got this error when visiting the websites:
Your connection is not protected.

And as the reason:
This certificate or a certificate in the chain is not up to date.

When I press Show certificate it says, it is valid from 18.11.2018 to 16.02.2019 - for a new certificate!
On 18.11.2018 I purchased Plesk Web Pro Edition and used Let's Encrypt for the first time on other domains.

Under Hosting settings I am using as a certificate: Let's Encrypt <domain.tld> (<domain.tld>). I also tried to select Let's Encrypt certificate (Another repository). But nothing happened, so I changed it back.

If I renew the certificate under the Let's Encrypt module, also nothing happens.

Actual certificate
Lets Encrypt <domain.tld>
This certificate will be renewed. (But when?)

I've waited for days and hours. I also disabled TLS completely and installed the certificate again.

The old domains are (still) valid and will expire 2020 according to the certificate information I looked up in the browser. This issue affects all new domains and old domains when I delete a certificate and install it at new.

Operating system: Debian 9.8 (updated and upgraded)
Product: Plesk Onyx, Version 17.8.11 Update #42, last updated: 28. Febr. 2019 22:25:40

Everything is up to date. I've tried to reach the website with Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge... all the same.

Any ideas?
Thx

It's probably an illusion. My suggestion is to click on the "Let's Encrypt" icon und make sure that the two additional checkboxes are checked. Then renew the certificate. Afterwards, reload the website and check the certificate dates again.

Hi Peter,

currently, I am not using webmail on any domain, so the checkbox for webmail is disabled. The box for the aliases (www.) is checked. If I click on Renew, it's still the same problem. The date is still 16.02.2019

Yes, I had. The problem still wasn't solved.

But I found a solution: Restarting the server.

Maybe the Let's Encrypt module hung up somewhere, without throwing out errors. It took me so much time, although the solution was that easy.

Thanks for your time to help me.

Back