• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt: Domain validation failed, but CAA records are correct

Wyrix

New Pleskian
I'm using the Let's Encrypt extension in Plesk Obsidian. With this extension, I'm trying to request a wildcard certificate, but it returns;
Domain validation failed for <domain>: Invalid response from <url>.
Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:caa
Detail: CAA record for <domain> prevents issuance

My DNS records are;
<domain>. CAA (issuewild) letsencrypt.org
<domain>. CAA (issue) ;
<domain>. CAA (iodef) mailto:<email>

Does somebody have an idea what's going wrong here? The logs aren't helping me.

It turns out that if you have a single domain certificate on a domain and want to change it to a wildcard certificate, you sometimes must have the issue CAA record set to 'letsencrypt.org'.

In my case, I'm changing all domains from single domain certificates to wildcard certificates and in 2 out of 30 domains, the issue CAA record was needed.

It turns out that if you have a single domain certificate on a domain and want to change it to a wildcard certificate, you sometimes must have the issue CAA record set to 'letsencrypt.org'.

In my case, I'm changing all domains from single domain certificates to wildcard certificates and in 2 out of 30 domains, the issue CAA record was needed.
You should mark it as solved then? Just to keep things clean in the beginning. We all browse eagerly Obsidian forum these days :)

Back