• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Let's encrypt fails to renew certificate used for securing plesk

AdamB

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Let's encrypt fails to renew certificate used for securing plesk
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onxy Version 17.5.3 Update #9, Windows Server 2012 R2, Let's Encrypt version 2.1.0-48
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Hi,

I have had the following discussion on the forum https://talk.plesk.com/threads/lets-encrypt-fails-if-used-to-secure-plesk.343769/ which suggested I should report a bug.

If a domain SSL certificate is used to secure plesk the SSL certifcate is renewed but not updated with the following message in the error log

Code:
[2017-06-17 00:00:31] ERR [extension/letsencrypt] Cannot renew certificate on domain example.co.uk with error: Remove certificate failure: One of the certificates you are going to delete is used for securing Plesk.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Assign a domain SSL certificate to secure plesk in the "Tools & Settings" > "SSL/TLS Certificate" > "Certificate for securing Plesk" option.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
SSL certificate is being renewed if I look for certificates for the domain on crt.sh but not updated.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
SSL certificate is automatically renew and updated for both the domain and Plesk to use.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Back