• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt - SERVFAIL looking up CAA

Aleix

New Pleskian
Product: Plesk Obsidian - Version 18.0.21 Update #4, last updated on Dec 3

Hi,

I am trying to get a Let's Encrypt certificate for one of my domains, let's say domain.com
When I click on the 'Include a "www" subdomain for the domain and each selected alias' and then 'Get it free', after a while, Plesk answers me with an error

I found the error log at /var/log/plesk/panel.log

[2020-01-27 09:24:52.638] ERR [extension/letsencrypt] Domain validation failed for www.domain.com: Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/XXXXXXXXX.
Details:
Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns
Detail: DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up CAA for www.domain.com - the domain's nameservers may be malfunctioning

There isn't any record about CAA in my domain's DNS Settings
PS: An external hosting company manages the DNS records. We have a control panel where we can create new domains and its prefixes

What could be the reason for this error?

Thanks in advance

There is something wrong with this DNS server or the configuration of your DNS zone.
SERVEFAIL is the wrong answer for a non existent DNS records.

I've seen similar problems for domains with enabled DNSSec and when something was not 100% correct with the zone configuration.

There is something wrong with this DNS server or the configuration of your DNS zone.
SERVEFAIL is the wrong answer for a non existent DNS records.

I've seen similar problems for domains with enabled DNSSec and when something was not 100% correct with the zone configuration.

Hi @ChristophRo

You were right, something was wrong with the DNS Server.
I contacted to the other company and they solved the problem.

Thanks

Back