• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN.

Amakesh

New Pleskian
I have 4 domains on 1 VDS server. Earlier Let’s encrypt certificates worked fine for for all of them.
Unfortunately i have now a problem with the certificates - SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN.
Qualys SSL Labs shows all of the certificates have Server hostname(rsvix170.gerwanserver.de) as domain name and not their own addresses.

SSL Server Test: solaris-ustronie.eu (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)
Make your website better

I can reissue the certificates via Plesk, but it makes it automatically and have no possibility to change domain name. Plesk shows no problems with ssl and all below, but if you try to go to eg. solaris-ustronie.eu it will give you SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN, because the domain name is still wrong.
I can, of course, use advanced settings and type domain name there and and choose request or self-signed. Tried to do that and choosed request, but generated certificate has only CSR part and private key and unable to use it…

• Domain solaris-ustronie.eu Secured
  • Domain with the “www” prefix www.solaris-ustronie.eu Secured
  • Webmail access webmail.solaris-ustronie.eu Secured
  • Mail access IMAP, POP, SMTP Secured
  • Wildcard Wildcard SSL/TLS certificate *.solaris-ustronie.eu Secured
  • Server Configuration TLS versions and ciphers by Mozilla enabled

I can, of course, use advanced settings and type domain name there and and choose request or self-signed. Tried to do that and choosed request, but generated certificate has only CSR part and private key and unable to use it…

Back