• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Vote Let's Encrypt support

WOuld you like to have free X509 certificate with Let's Encrypt initiative implemented with Plesk 12

• Total voters
i have errore

Errore: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: 2015-12-05 11:51:42,762:WARNING:letsencrypt.cli:Root (sudo) is required to run most of letsencrypt functionality.
Failed authorization procedure. intranet.net.chatme.im (http-01): urn:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Invalid response from http://intranet.net.<domain>/.well-known/acme-challenge/Jn8FtOQkSBd43fZ-r_b8XlKBccRp9NYfHw23UTPmj2A [178.33.214.167]: 401
IMPORTANT NOTES:
- The following 'urn:acme:error:unauthorized' errors were reported by
the server:

Domains: intranet.net.<domain>
Error: The client lacks sufficient authorization

@camaran The Problem is the security content in the .htaccess-file. Rename the file, execute let's encrypt an than rename the file back. BTW: You should anonymize your post.

i have errore

Errore: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: 2015-12-05 11:51:42,762:WARNING:letsencrypt.cli:Root (sudo) is required to run most of letsencrypt functionality.
Failed authorization procedure. intranet.net.chatme.im (http-01): urn:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Invalid response from http://intranet.net.<domain>/.well-known/acme-challenge/Jn8FtOQkSBd43fZ-r_b8XlKBccRp9NYfHw23UTPmj2A [178.33.214.167]: 401
IMPORTANT NOTES:
- The following 'urn:acme:error:unauthorized' errors were reported by
the server:

Domains: intranet.net.<domain>
Error: The client lacks sufficient authorization

Does your domain work off this server and have the DNS pointing at it or is this a test domain without the DNS pointing at this webspace?

I just tried the Let's Encrypt plugin, but the post installation fails on my system (Ubuntu 12.04, Plesk 12.5.30) with this error message:

Fehler: Die Installation der Erweiterung ist fehlgeschlagen: Executing /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/post-install.php failed: Bootstrapping dependencies for ubuntu precise... Selecting previously unselected package plesk-letsencrypt-pre. (Reading database ... 187607 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking plesk-letsencrypt-pre (from .../plesk-letsencrypt-pre_1.0.0-ubuntu12.04.15112715_amd64.deb) ... Setting up plesk-letsencrypt-pre (1.0.0-ubuntu12.04.15112715) ... Creating virtual environment... Usage: virtualenv [OPTIONS] DEST_DIR virtualenv: error: no such option: --setuptools

The virtualenv directory was not created during plugin install.
Creating of certs fail with the following message:

Fehler: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/le-run: line 13: /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt//venv/bin/letsencrypt: No such file or directory

I tried to fix that by executing the default client installation as stated on Let's Encrypt website - which worked but that did not help with this problem.

Any advise appreciated.

It's awesome!

My question is the same:
Thanks IgorG. I hadn't upgraded to 12.5 yet, so it wasn't showing. I've used it now and it works great.

How can we use the Let's Encrypt certs to secure the panel? The certificates aren't appearing in "/admin/ssl-certificate/list"

That would be great.
regards

First looks good. I try to figure out with WWW and now I get following error:

Fehler: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: 2015-12-08 04:00:45,502:WARNING:letsencrypt.cli:Root (sudo) is required to run most of letsencrypt functionality.
An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: ffg-braunschweig.de
Please see the logfiles in /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs for more details.

Is there a way to revoke a certificate for domain? Are there limitations?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your tutorial. I found this command:

sudo -u psaadm bash /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/le-run -d domain.tld -d www.domain.tld

This must be a better option for www but i get again the error above that i have to many certificates. :(

Now i found another thing: https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/too-many-cert-for-my-domain/6168

But its not clear for me if i dont get a chance of cert in next 90 days... I don't know if there is a way to revoke all certs for a domain to start from new. Did anybody know how that works with Plesk?

Thanks for posting see this 5min ahead after my post. So know i must see if i must wait or if there is another solution for my trouble.

When upgrading I get this:
Executing /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/post-install.php failed: Bootstrapping dependencies for ubuntu precise... Creating virtual environment... Usage: virtualenv [OPTIONS] DEST_DIR virtualenv: error: no such option: --setuptools

How can this be solved?

Hi everyone,

As Igor said, we've posted an article about Let's Encrypt on our devblog. It answers many of your questions. If you have issues or questions not answered by the article, please let us know in comments.

Back