• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt Timeout During Renewal

Epic Voyage

New Pleskian
I'm just going to put this here so that other people can find it. I had a server fail to renew its SSL Certficates from Let's Encrypt, and it gave us the following error when we tried to renew from the command line or web interface:

[2017-06-17 07:58:09] ERR [extension/letsencrypt] Cannot renew certificate on domain example.com with error: Challenge marked as invalid. Details: Fetching http://example.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/[random-random-random-random-random]: Timeout

It seems that the IPv6 configuration had been messed up and nobody noticed. Let's Encrypt attempted to contact us through the IPv6 address, which caused the timeout. Once the network issue was resolved, the Let's Encrypt extension went back to working correctly.

Thanks,

I for now deactivated IPV6 for the given domain which seam to work.

How did you fix this?

The answer will depend on your operating system, and is not something you can fix inside of Plesk. For us, on CentOS, we had to get the configuration resolved in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.

Back