• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt & Web Admin Edition

Christopher Pettet

New Pleskian
Hi

I am currently running Plesk 17.0.17 on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS and I'm trying to add sub-domains to Let's Encrypt version 2.02 release 29. However, the interface has not changed for me and there is nowhere for me to add sub-domains / aliases.

Is this feature available in Plesk Web Admin Edition and if so, how do I enable it? Do I need to upgrade Plesk 17.0.17 to 17.5.

Not sure why but images don't appear to be showing in the message. They are at current.png and new.png

This is all I see in my current version of Plesk (We Admin Edition)...

...whereas the documentation shows it should look like this (for Web Host Edition)...

Is there a necessity to upgrade Plesk to the Web Hosting Edition to get this functionality or should I be seeing the same on the Web Admin Edition?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi Christopher Pettet,

the "alias" - options are only available, when you added an ALIAS - domain. You have then the choice to use the option either at the MAIN - domain, or at the ALIAS - domain, as shown in the corresponding screenshots.

So how does this fix the issue with webmail? I thought that's what this was all about fixing sub-domains or is that something else that's planned for later? The only aliases I can add all have to begin www which, to me, is not what aliases are all about. If I had sitea.com and siteb.com is an alias of sitea.com then surely I shouldn't need to declare an alias as www.siteb.com pointing to sitea.com it should be like for like so www.siteb.com would point to www.sitea.com and siteb.com should point to sitea.com.

Could you also explain why my images aren't showing inside the original message please?

Hi Christopher Pettet,

unfortunately, the Plesk Let's Encrypt Extension is not at all perfect yet and it still needs some improvement, to cover the desire to expand existent certificates with additional subdomains for example ( as mentioned before here in the forum in several threads and posts, it would be nice to expand a MAIN - DOMAIN - certificate, validated for www.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM and YOUR-DOMAIN.COM, with "webmail.", "mail.", "lists.", "smtp.", "pop3." and "imap.", without using the trick to create subdomains and using the "expand" - command, as mentioned for example at: => #13 ), but as you can see, the user choice to be able to add "ALIAS" - domains, is available since version 2.0.0.

As far that I know, Plesk is still working to improve this extension, to make it as perfect, as Plesk users desires it to be. ;)

Could you also explain why my images aren't showing inside the original message please?
If you experience issues with the forum and it's options, pls. consider to open a NEW thread at => Home > Forum > General Discussion > Forum News , because this has got nothing to do with your current thread and it's title. From my personal view, I would definetely avoid as well direct - image - links to "https.//" - URLs in my forums, due to the fact, that I can't ensure, that the external domain use a valid certificate and it would as well conflict with my HSTS - configuration on each of my domains. ;)

Back