• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt wildcard certificate renewal : some subdomains are not secured

Vincent Brouchet

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-159-generic x86_64)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition Version 18.0.54 Update 4
Hi,

On my server containing 2 domains and their subdomains, I recently processed to the periodic renewal of the Let's Encrypt wildcard certificates (at 2 different dates, successively), as I have been doing so every 3 months during the last 2 years, but this time I encounter the following situation :
  • The renewal itself went well ; I got a new certificate with a new expiration date, for each of the 2 domains
  • But, for each domain, some of their subdomains are not covered by the wildcard certificate ; they are marked as "not secured" and they do not appear, indeed, in the list of certificates of the certificate management page of the top domain site (page /smb/ssl-certificate/list/id/x)
Both domains contain the same list of subdomains (1 level below only), respectively : let's say I have domains D1 and D2, the subdomains list is like A.D1, B.D1, C.D1 and A.D2, B.D2, C.D2 ; same values for A, B and C in both domains ; I have a total of 7 such subdomains in each domain ; for my first domain, 2 subdomains are not secured, but the same subdomains are secured for my second domain ; and reciprocally for my second domain 1 subdomain is not secured, whereas it is secured in the first domain.
The list itself of subdomains haven't changed for a long time (more than one year).

Before this last renewal, all subdomains, of each domain, were automatically secured.

Any idea about the possible source of this issue ? Plesk update ? Change in the Let's Encrypt coverage policy ? Other ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Back