• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt wildcard error

Bluebird

New Pleskian
Good day everyone,

I want to install Let's Encrypt to my server with wildcard posibilities.
First i installed the Let's Encrypt extension, after that i installed the Panel.ini Editor and added these lines at the bottom of the file:

[ext-letsencrypt]
acme-directory-url = "https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory"
acme-protocol-version = "acme-v02"

When i go to my domain overview i have 2 records:

domain.com
*.domain.com

If i click on "Let's Encrypt" on domain.com i get the opportunity to select the option for *.domain.com wildcard ssl certificat.

When i try to save it i get the next error:
Cannot issue wildcard Let's Encrypt certificate as described in Plesk documentation:
Remove DNS record failure: DNS service is not enabled

I don't host my domains on the same server but i can set all DNS records. Do i need to add DNS records manually to make this work?

I really need this because my previous comodo certificate finished today.

I'm sorry if not everything is clear, feel free to ask so i can give all the information i need.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
The Plesk docu says:
Note: If Plesk does not manage the DNS for the domain, the Let's Encrypt extension can not add the DNS record automatically. In this case, you will see the following message: "Please add a DNS record with the following parameters". Add a DNS record with the specified parameters manually

But there is only the message "Remove DNS record failure: DNS service is not enabled"

But it should be "Please add a DNS record with the following parameters ..."

If the DNS service is disabled in Plesk then should Plesk show the necessary entries for the wildcard to the user?

Back