• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt

Alex_1906

New Pleskian
Hallo,
I have a problem with Let's Encrypt that does not work.
Server:
OS CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #10, last updated on June 19, 2017 12:01 PM

Renewing a certificate:
Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Challenge marked as invalid.
Details: Fetching Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting | Domain.com: Timeout

New certificate:
Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Challenge marked as invalid.
Details: Fetching Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting | Domain.com: Timeout

The same error.

I uninstalled Let's Encrypt and reinstalled.
Ipv6 works well.

Can you help me?
Thank you and greetings

The non-WWW or the WWW domain are using a permanent redirect, so that the Let's Encrypt authority cannot confirm the authenticity of the server. Domains that are redirected cannot have an SSL certificate unless the redirection is done in a way where the same content is delivered after redirection that the non-redirected domain would deliver from the URL that was requested.

You need to find the redirect setting that is redirecting to a DIFFERENT location than the one that is requested and remove that redirect or reformulate it to a regular 301 redirect. Mostly such redirects are set in an .htaccess file.

Back