• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Entrypt certificate doesn't renew automatically

Epizefiri

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.42
Hallo,
Plesk is lying to me :\

Here in the screenshot you can see how Plesk says "Valid till the 3rd of May 2022, It will renewed automatically"

But today is the 3rd of may and the certificates of my website are not valid :\

I've to issue them manually.. how to prevent this?

1651571072504.png

Hi,

Please the logfile /var/log/plesk/panel.log. Are there any warning or errors related to this issue?

Can it be issued manually? Because normally renewal failures result from wrong routes to the domain, e.g. the domain or subdomains are not pointing to the server where you try to issue the certificate on.

There should be four cron jobs in your admin cron panel with "sslit" string in their command. Are they present and active?

If there are no errors in the log, the SSLIt jobs are active, a manual renewal works and gives you a valid certificate with a new expiration date, a certificate exists that expires and is not renewed, I think that in this case a different certificate is being processed that you are not seeing as it is possible that no only one, but two or more different certificates had been issued before for the same domain of which only one is handled automatically (in the background). However, after you have renews the certificate once, you now should have up-to-date certificate data and next renewal should work automatically.

Back