• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue LetsEncrypt certificate cant be renewed

TANMAY

New Pleskian
Dear Members, apologies if I am asking a redundant question - I am not an newbie (my IT expert left :) ) and I am trying to resolve a certificate issue. please pardon me in case I masking silly questions. but I will appreciate your help

Situation
I have hosted my website and am using a mailbox through Plesk. I am trying to access the webmail and got the error that the certificate is not secure. after trying to figure out how to fix it, I reached the page where I saw the lets encrypt certificate Is expired. I had a let's encrypt certificate which I was using for a year. when I wanted to renew it, it gave me errors.

Some options were preselected , bit I manually selected the options
1) Secure the wildcard domain
2) assign he certificate to maildomain

then I get teh error

Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for Details

Could not request a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for .

Go to http://lxxxxxxxx.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/5v1PotaIEnnxxxXI

and сheck if the authorization token is available.

If it is, try to request the certificate again. If the token is not available, there may be an issue with your DNS configuration.

Your domain in Plesk is hosted on the IP address(es): 80.xx.xxx.xx, but the DNS challenge used another IP: 51.xxx.xx.xxx.

Make sure that the IP address(es) specified in the domain's DNS zone match the IP address(es) the domain is hosted on.

If it does not help or if you cannot find an issue with your DNS configuration, use this KB article for troubleshooting.

I have no clue what to do now. I dont want the email to stop working :(.

any steps/guidance ?

thanks in advance

Your domain in Plesk is hosted on the IP address(es): 80.xx.xxx.xx, but the DNS challenge used another IP: 51.xxx.xx.xxx.
Domainvalidated certificates can only be created and prolongated on the system where the domain is hosted. If the domain is no longer routed to your server, you cannot create or prolongate a domainvalidated certificate.

Back