• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue LetsEncrypt Certificate couldn't be renewed

Oldiesmann

Basic Pleskian
I got an email today saying that the Let's Encrypt certificate for my main domain (the one used for the server hostname) couldn't be renewed...

Code:
] * 'Lets Encrypt certificate' [days to expire: 25]
   [-] server.iwannabea.ninja

idn_to_ascii: empty domain name: U_ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT_ERROR

I'm going to go ahead and renew it manually for the time being, but is there something I can do to resolve this in the future?

I'm running Plesk Onyx 17.9.12 on Ubuntu Server 18.04.2 LTS if that makes a difference.

Today I get this mail too for plesk obsidian 18.0.28 with Let's Encrypt Version 2.11.0-639

Strange thing... two mails for same subdomain (hostname). First its renewed and

Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 09:16:03 +0200 = Let`s Encrypt certificates for XXX have been issued/renewed
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 09:16:04 +0200 = Could not issue/renew Let`s Encrypt certificates for XXX

Here second mail:
Renewal of the following Let`s Encrypt certificates has failed:

* 'Lets Encrypt hostname.example.com' [days to expire: 29]
[-] hostname.example.com

idn_to_ascii: empty domain name: U_ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT_ERROR

This domain (hostname) have a valid certificate.

Last edited:
Back