• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue LetsEncrypt extension can not handle a webmail certificate for mail-only domains

mr-wolf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
I have several "mail only" domains on my Plesk server and it's not possible to enable the LetsEncrypt certificate for those.
As a workaround I could create a dummy site for those domains, but I would prefer not to do this as this could lead to misunderstandings. I prefer to have only a website configured if it is actually running on that Plesk.

[EDIT]
Such a workaround would only work if the site is really referring to that specific server. Sometimes it's handled by another server, sometimes even not even one that I manage.

The LetsEncrypt procedure would fail as the main site does not resolve. I haven't tested if this means that the "webmail.<domain>" survives. I don't think it does, but even if it does it would still be a messy procedure.

Last edited:
Back