• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question LetsEncrypt just on www?

DennisB

New Pleskian
I have a website on www.{mydomain}, but I don't have access to {mydomain}.

Because of this I can't install LetsEncrypt because it is trying to access {mydomain}/.well-known/acme-challenge/...

Is it possible to install a LetsEncrypt certificate when I don't have access to {mydomain}?

I did look into installing a certificate without using Plesk, but as I'm using Plesk for all my other sites on the server, it looked like I would be getting into trouble.

You can use Let's Encrypt Plesk extension to add SSL certificate for your domain. Have a try on installing Plesk extension. Hope it will use for your need.

The Let's Encrypt Plesk extension allows you to secure your server with free SSL/TLS certificates from Let's Encrypt, a free and open Certificate Authority. You can secure Plesk and the mail server, as well as any hosted domains, subdomains, and domain aliases.

Thanks for your reply Andrew,

I have got the LetsEncrypt extension and I've used it many times.

But on this occasion my client has given me access to {mydomain} but not to www.{mydomain}.

Plesk is trying to install the LetsEncrypt certificate on {mydomain} and giving me www.{mydomain} as an extra. But this means the verification fails because it can't see {mydomain}/.well-known/acme-challenge/...

So I need to know can I install a LetsEncrypt certificate for www.{mydomain} where I don't have access to {mydomain}.

I hope I've been able to adequately explain my problem.

Hi Rafael,
I'm afraid I didn't get an answer to this. I ended up having to persuade our client to let me have the base domain.

I'd still like to know if it is possible, or at least get confirmation that it isn't possible.

Back