1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved LetsEncrypt SSL cert not updated for Plesk panel

Discussion in 'Plesk Onyx for Linux' started by Inuya5ha, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Inuya5ha

Inuya5ha New Pleskian

70%
    After manually updating my site's certificates, their validity has been extended succesfully, but the one used by Plesk panel itself has expired... I don't understand why it's using a different ceritificate to begin with. Does the different port number makes the certificate incompatible with the one served to the public?

When I installed the certificates, I was using Plesk 12, but now Plesk 17 is installed. I'd like to renew its certificate in a straightforward way if possible. Thanks.

2. pleskpanel

pleskpanel Regular Pleskian

35%
    The default cert used by Plesk, unless you specify otherwise, will not be replaced by the first or last certificate that you add to a site. Let's Encrypt certificates listed in "Home > Extensions > Let's Encrypt" should be renewed automatically but as a starting point, have you checked to see if there is a scheudled task for Let's Encrypt in Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks? If it's there (it'll look something aweful such as "/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/renew.php'"), have you checked the Let's Encrypt log?

3. Inuya5ha

Inuya5ha New Pleskian

70%
    Best Answer
    Thanks, the renew.php taks is in the list indeed. However, I've just solved the problem by following this reference about securing Plesk, using those options that are new from Plesk Onyx. It worked perfectly, and the panel is now secured. :cool:

pleskpanel likes this.
  4. pleskpanel

pleskpanel Regular Pleskian

35%
    Great to hear that you found a resolution which can be benefit others too!