• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question LetsEncrypt/SSLit Renewals alternative methods

tlatch52

New Pleskian
Currently I use the Plesk default free SSLs from LetsEncrypt on all of my WordPress sites.

They are supposed to auto-renew every 3 months but fail because it wants me to change the acme_challenge DNS record. The DNS records are all on Cloudflare (external) instead of DigitalOcean DNS on Plesk. I'm assuming this is why they don't auto-renew. I prefer using Cloudflare DNS compared to DigitalOcean/Plesk DNS for various reasons.

It's really not that big a deal since I get the expiration notices emailed to me, but it would be nice to avoid this completely if possible.

When using LetsEncrypt in the past on non-Plesk servers I was always able to get the certificates to auto-renew based on a file loaded in the 'webroot'. Is this possible to set up using the default Plesk versions of LetsEncrypt & SSLit?

Thanks

The DNS update is only needed when you have wildcard certificates. If you do not need SSL wildcard certificates, remove the wildcard option, renew the certificates and have peace.

Back