• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question libapache2-mod-evasive

DieterWerner

Regular Pleskian
I use the
libapache2-mod-evasive
and I wonder why it isn't a part plesk.

It was easy to install and to configure but I think I have to make a fine tuning of the configuration.
So any hint would be helpful.

Voting has been closed.
With comment:

You can enable EPEL yum repository and install and configure mod_evasive for your Apache. But in latest Plesk Onyx versions it’s better and effective using ModSecurity Plesk feature for protecting attacks.

Do you mean this question?

I wonder why it isn't a part plesk.

A lot of things aren't part of Plesk, isn't it? It so happened that we are using ModSecurity solution instead of mod-evasive.
If most of the users of our product tell us that mod-evasive is much better and more effective than the ModSecurity, if they convince us of this, we will consider such a turn of events.

It so happened that we are using ModSecurity solution instead of mod-evasive.
If most of the users of our product tell us that mod-evasive is much better and more effective than the ModSecurity, if they convince us of this, we will consider such a turn of events.
Both (ModSecurity and mod-evasive) are not comparable.

Back