• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Licence issue

J

jema

I have just spent the day setting up a virtual server running Plesk, and have got it running okay (I think).

There was a lot to do and I would like to create another virtual server by copying the original. Now to state the obvious there is no intent to pirate anything here, but I am worried about the Plesk keys.

I assume that if I start the "copy" and upload a new key all will be fine? Or will it? will it think it is running on a different machine on boot and do nasty things?

If I started both machines before uploading a new key to one of them what will happen?

jema,

Not sure what do you mean, but you shouldn't use one Plesk key on different Plesk servers. It will be visible in Parallels Кey Аdministrator and you can have troubles. If your current key is reached by domains limit you should just upgrade key.

I'm surprised this has to cropped up before, when working with virtual servers, to create a new server you clone one server that you have working well, thus creating a situation where you have duplicate keys that you need to rectify. Surely there must be a safe way of doing this?

Back