1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Licence restrictions / backup / restore...

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Rockhopper, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Guest

Hi All

I am just wondering if anyone can shed any light on any possible restrictions with the Plesk license's - from a backup / disaster recovery point of view what would happen in the following theoretical situation:

- 1 Server with a single Plesk license hosting multiple sites.
    - This server is destroyed / damaged beyond repair including the drives.
    - All data has been backed up to another machine using the Plesk backup manager
    - 1 new server is setup with the same OS / Plesk version

...would you be able to just upload the license key / file from the previous server and restore the data or is the license tied to the previous machine?

I am sure the Plesk backup / restore program works fine but I would like test / dummy run this process before making our newly aquired Plesk server / license live!

Thanks in Advance for any responses!
    Rob

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Plesk license key is not related to server's hardware. You can use license on any hardware node.

3. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Guest

Excellent - Thanks for the quick response Igor!

Rob