1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

License key returns error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mparadis, Dec 10, 2004.

1. mparadis

mparadis Regular Pleskian

23%
    I built a new server and am getting everything ready to move the old over.

Both servesr are 7.5 and running.

However, I don't have a key for that new machine yet and can't use the online update service since I already have a 7.5 key on the current server.

I need to get the key into the new server so that I can begin to propagate everything over to it then shut down the old server.

So basically, I need a new temp key for my current server and my regular key for my new server so that I can do all of this. Am I basically screwed until next week now that it's the weekend?

Thanks very much.

Mike

2. eilko

eilko Regular Pleskian

73%
  3. mparadis

mparadis Regular Pleskian

23%
    The system refuses to send me a new key because it sees that I already have my key for 7.5. Plus, I need a temp key for the current server and a new key for the new server so that I can have a little time to propegate.

Mike

4. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Guest

I'd like an answer on this too since I will be setting up a different box at some point. There has to be a way they will allow you to do it.