• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

License problem

dvdalmeria

New Pleskian
Hello, i have at problem with license of site builder.

I contact at reserller at license of site builder for version 4.x, the problem is that when i upload license in:

Server > License management > License Key Upload

System said me: Error: License upload has failed.

I try at upload with SB.00XXXXXX.0001.sh, SB.0XXXXXX.0001.bin and download of plesk: sbm4-SB00XXXXXX0001.key

System log site builder return:
Creation date 2/12/2009 6:09:35 PM
Level Error
Source System
Source System
User name admin
IP address XXXXXXX
Requested URL /Admin/License/Upload
Referrer URL http://sitebuilder.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/Admin/License/Upload
User agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-ES; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
Message Import failed (EXPAT_ERROR)

I test connection at ka.swsoft.com on port 5224 and is ok
I try from ssh:
[root@s7 ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/keymng --install-additional --source-file=/root/SB.00XXXXXX.0001.sh --restart
[root@s7 ~]# sh /root/SB.00XXXXXX.0001.sh
No return any error but License not work, the site builder always said en License info:
Product name
Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder for Linux/Unix
Product version
4.5.0 Hotfix-20090203 (2009020315)
License key number
SB.00000000.0000
License expiration date
1/1/2035 12:00:00 AM
License update date
1/1/2035 12:00:00 AM

I need help. Very thanks

Aditional info

When i try:
Server > License management > License Key Upload

Return:
Key Authorization Server returns the following error:
Unable to update SB.00XXXXXX.0003. Requested Key format does not match requested format.

Log of:
/var/log/httpd/sitebuilder_error.log is empy

System:
Fedora core 8 64bit
Kernel: 2.6.23.1-42.fc8
With plesk 8.6

Thanks for your help

It looks like you are trying to install Sitebuilder license key in old format which was used for Plesk integration. Sitebuilder license key should have .xml format now but not .sh. Such .sh keys were used in the past for Plesk integration and were installed through Plesk admin CP as additional license keys. For now, if you generate or purchase the Sitebuilder key make sure that key is for standalone Sitebuilder (does not have any parent Plesk license key). As for this key you can try to generate .xml version from existing .sh file and upload it through Sitebuilder admin interface.
The procedure of getting XML key from .sh version is following:

1. It is required to open the .sh file and find the following string:

key='<base64_encoded_text_goes_here>'

2. All text included between '' for key parameter should be saved into separate file, for example "base64_encoded_text" file.

3. After that following command should be run:

# cat base64_encoded_text | perl -e 'use MIME::Base64; while(<>) { print decode_base64($_); }' > SB.XXXXXXXX.XXXX.xml (license key file name should be the same as .sh version only extension should be .xml)

By making this operation you will get .xml version for key.

Hope it helps.

Hi thank you very much for your help, really need help solving this problem I´ve tried everything. I think we forget to mention that my license is an additional license key. I ve completed the steps you mention for transform license .sh at xml and get the same mistake "License upload has failed".

Plesk recognizes the aditional license key correctly, but sitebuilder does not recognize the aditional license key.
Plesk detected aditional key:

Site builder not detected aditional key:

Site builder not work upload key.

I try:
./app-key-handler.module-sitebuilder-3 --install --key /root/sbm4-SB008608190001.key
and get:
SBM3 updating script /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/sbm3/update_hosting.php not found at ./app-key-handler.module-sitebuilder-3 line 70.

You need to remove Sitebuilder key from Plesk additional key section and after that log into Sitebuilder admin CP -> Server -> License Management section and upload .xml license there. It should help.
After that you can perform further integration with Plesk if you need.

Ok thanks for your help, but I upload SBXXXXXXXXXX.xml with aditional license key of plesk deleted and get this error:

Error: License upload has failed.

I code with comand:
cat licencia2 | perl -e 'use MIME::Base64; while(<>) { print decode_base64($_); }' > SB.00XXXXXX.0001.xml

this file: licencia2
key_number="SB00XXXXXX0001"
sites_number=100
lim_date=20090316
key_language_changeable='true'
key_allow_eshop_module='true'
key_allow_flash_intro_module='true'
hosts_number=1
locpacks_number='-1'
pages_number='-1'
key_skin_changeable='true'
key_allow_other_modules='true'
publish_via_ftp='true'
update_password='XXXXXXXXXX'
key_allow_image_gallery='true'
key_swsoft_logo='false'
root_pages_number='-1'
name='sbm4'
sites_per_user='-1'
publish_via_xcopy='true'
key_allow_feedback_module='true'
key_resellers_support='true'
key_allow_voting_module='true'
key_allow_login_module='true'
key_allow_rssfeed_module='true'
key_allow_blog_module='true'
key_allow_areamap_module='true'
templates_number='-1'
key_allow_downloadable_content_module='true'
key_allow_forum_module='true'
publish_via_vz='true'
users_number='-1'
license_update_date=20090306
key_allow_script_module='true'
key_allow_guestbook_module='true'
key_allow_pageset_editing='true'
key_tech_support='true'
key_allow_custom_content='true'
levels_number=2
key_web_site_support='true'
key='XXXXXXX.......'

Note: For post I replace secure data for XXXXXXX

Actually, file "licencia2" should include different part of the .sh file. This must be "base64_encoded_text" which goes right after:
key_allow_custom_content='true'
key='HERE GOES base64_encoded_text'

So this text should be included into your temporary file "licencia2" to get the proper .xml license format. After that license SB.00XXXXXX.0001.xml should be uploaded through Sitebuilder admin CP.
Let me know how it goes.

Hi Dmitry,

I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused now. So what should the temporary file contain? It it just the key or the other parts of the .sh file as well? If the other parts, which parts are they?

Thanks,

Hau

Hello Hau,

Could you pease specify in more details what kind of issue do you have? You have some temporary Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder license but it could not be installed or something else?
Could you please also specify the product version number and OS which is in use for it's installation?

Back