1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

License upgrade of reseller panel

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by hutchm84, Dec 8, 2011.

1. hutchm84

hutchm84 New Pleskian

60%
    I'm new to plesk 2 Weeks, so forgive the obvious lack of expertise. Plesk was part of the VPS package from Network solutions, no problems works great. My issue is, I installed Customer and Business Manager from suggested software link did some basic set up and ran a test worked great except I have zero licenses so now it errors with upgrade license.

Problem is the normal upgrade icon/button is not on the license screen as stated in the Plesk manual. Submitted ticket to network solutions and finally got an answer today saying I need to buy a separate Plesk license that they do not have Customer and business Manager as part of any package.

Now that I've explained all that what happens when I try to install my key on top of/over the reseller key? Will it do a new install and I lose two weeks or just make the customer and business manager work and the other options I did not get with the NS version of the panel? I'm running 10.4 on CENTOS 5.

Sorry for being so long winded, new with plesk and don't want to make a newbie wish I'd known that mistake.

2. hutchm84

hutchm84 New Pleskian

60%
    No answers so I must not be explaining correctly.
    Same question additional details, Customer and Business Manager says the license for it is bundled with the Plesk Panel license. That license was in the VPS package I bought from Network Solutions as I said Network Solutions said I need to buy my own Plesk Panel license in order to use/upgrade the Customer and Business Manger license. When I look in the documentation and in the Parallels store I see several warnings about upgrading a hosting company license i.e. the upgraded license will belong to them not me.

On the License Management page I see three links, Retrieve Keys, Upload Keys and Roll Back Key that's it there is not a Upgrade link as stated in the help manual for upgrading the license. I'm willing to buy the Plesk Panel License but I can not find anything in the documentation or forums that tells how to go about replacing a hosting companies license with one I purchase.

The questions are, If I purchase a Panel license can I use the Upload Key Link to install the my key? If yes does it keep everything I have done so far Subscribers, Domains etc. or will it wipe them out? Or do I need to uninstall the Network Solutions panel and install the panel and use the Key I buy?

3. Blake@Parallels

Blake@Parallels Regular Pleskian

73%
    If you're talking about purchasing a license directly from the Parallels.com Online Store, you will need to purchase a "Plesk Hosting Suite" license. This include both the core Plesk license as well as the Billing feature. (It also includes a Sitebuilding feature known as Web Presence Builder.)

Once you have received the new license, you can just use the "Upload" feature right in the panel to replace your old license. You will not lose any of your configuration you have done so far.

4. hutchm84

hutchm84 New Pleskian

60%
    Blake, Thank You for the reply. That is exactly what I needed to know. Really did not want to go through uninstalling and reinstalling. Lots of potential issues involved with that approach.
    Thanks.