• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Licensing Issue (Permanent Licenses & associated lciesnes DISABLED)

GMaciolek

New Pleskian
Folks - I'm not even sure where to start on this. This has been an ongoing saga with me and Parallels for well over a year.

The short version: My employer purchased 3 lifetime licenses for Parallels Plesk Panel - 2 windows, 1 linux, back when 10.1 was the latest release. I believe we were in fact "Plesk Partners" or something of the sort - with login info to a plesk licensing control panel.

My company used them for quite some time, and after a while, added on a monthly license as well.

Then, suddenly, all of our "Lifetime / Permanent Licenses" stopped working, entirely. Not valid anymore.

After much digging and searching, it turns out that the monthly license billing had gone unpaid, and was terminated. Interestingly, that also terminated all 3 of the lifetime licenses, as well as my ability to log in to the licensing portal.

Now, clearly this is insanity - an issue with a $20 monthly fee terminated $3000 or more worth of "PERMANENT" licenses. Arrgh!

----

Here's where the fun starts: I'm not able to get support to help, because I can't log in, because I don't have an account.

I give up on this for about 6 months, and then try again. No luck, constant frustration.

Then - amazingly, Parallels starts sending me "How are we doing?" surveys. I answer them, BEGGING for support,. for licensing to re-enact my lifetime / permanent licenses.

After THREE of these surveys go by, finally someone in support gets in touch with me - magical ticket #1677132.

We go back and forth for a while, and eventually they send me license files! But they don't work.

And now, they won't reply to my email. I've been trying for the past month, every few weeks, with no success.

I'll post license keys if it's relevant.

Plesk version - various, 10.2 and 10.3 on Various flavors of linux - CentOS 5.x and Ubuntu 10.04 mostly.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

We currently have LEASED LICENSES under a NEW ACCOUNT!

One of these is working great, the other one STOPPED WORKING (on the 10.2 machine, CentOS 5) - it shows "Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key." (And rebuilding registry.xml doesn't fix it).

Now, ideally, I'd just replace that broken leased license with one of my lifetime ones IF I could get into the lifetime licenses.

But I can't.

I'll provide any further details, specific error messages, or even license numbers. But please, for the love of all that is holy in technology, can someone tell me that I'm not just nuts- that getting support from Parallels is actually difficult?

Back