• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question limit access to email smtp via IP address.

mudassarkhan

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian 18.0.54
Hi,
I would like to limit the IP address which can access the email via SMTP. I would only like to allow domains hosted on the server to send emails. So laravel apps, websites etc on the server can send emails. Maybe just one or two external apps will need access such as an accounting software on my desktop PC.

Is this possible at server level, domain level or mailbox level? if possible at all.

How about Plesk firewall rules for that? Disallow all mail access from ips other than server ip address and other servers addresses.

How about Plesk firewall rules for that? Disallow all mail access from ips other than server ip address and other servers addresses.
But you'll need port 25 open to the internet for any IP. Otherwise you'll have hard time receiving and send email. So limiting SMTP access to certain IP address is not an option.

Back