• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Limiting FTP Access

additude

New Pleskian
Hi,
I'm no expert, but I can navigate around my server.... I know enough to figure things out... but this is not what I do for a living..
My version of PLESK is 9.5.4
What I need to accomplish is to basically have two FTP login users to one website. One of the users would have full access to all directories on the associated website and the second user would have limited access to directories on the website, in particular, the second user would have restricted access to only the CGI-BIN directory but access to everything else.
Is this possible? Can it be accomplished thru the configuration file?
I am hoping someone can help me understand what needs to be done to accomplish this without breaking things. But maybe it is not even possible?
Thanks for any help ad understanding.

Last edited:
Hi UFHH01,

Thanks for the feedback. I double checked my PLESK and I do not have an option to include more than just one FTP account on a domain. Maybe it is my version of PLESK, 9.5.4....

You said there is a way to manually edit the domain account.

Is that something that you can outline for me?

Truly appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Hi additude,

you should add your version to get decent answers/solutions/suggestions, because the versions vary VERY much! ;)

my version of PLESK, 9.5.4
Depending to your operating system, consider to add a user manually and chroot him/her to the FULL PATH of the desired folder ( if no shell-access is required, then pls use as well: "--shell /bin/false" during the creation-command ). It could be necessary, to add him/her to the same group, that files/folders have as current permissions inside the desired FULL PATH.

Back