• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Link existing database to new domain.

L

Linux98

Hi,

Is there a way to link an existing database to a new domain name?

I installed sugarCRM on my server, but it made a new database on my system. I would like to attatch that database to a new domain name.

Thank you.

I think you can just use the same DB userid/dbname/password in the new domain with SugarCRM. To make the DB show up in the new domain admincp you'll have to export/dump the database and import it into an empty DB under the new domain. So as long as you don't delete the old domain the DB will work for the new domain, otherwise you'll have to move it by hand. If it's not too big the phpMyAdmin gui should work pretty good in the admincp. If it's larger than 5MB then you might look into using the CLI to move it with mysqldump.

Thanks, I think that is what I will have to do.

I was hoping I could just point the admincp for that domain at the database. Or, find the PSA file that holds that info and manually adjust it. If I can find the file and make a change without causing more problems than it is worth I will come back and post how I did it.

If not, I'll do it the long way :(

Check 'psa' mysql database. In the 'domains' table lookup the dom_id for the destination domain, then in the data_bases table adjust the entry for the database to use the new dom_id.

Originally posted by Cranky
Check 'psa' mysql database. In the 'domains' table lookup the dom_id for the destination domain, then in the data_bases table adjust the entry for the database to use the new dom_id.

That worked great, thanks!

:D

Back