• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

link to email

burnley

Regular Pleskian
I have some clients working with SiteBuilder 5.2 but they report they can't create hyperlinks directly to an email address (and also specify a subject) like they could in 4.5

-> In 4.5 they clicked link and then selected Email from the drop down list and then filled in the relevant details, nice and easy.

I've had a look in 5.0 myself but can't seem to find such function. I could only find "link" which was tailored for linking to website pages (internal and external). I've also looked over the manual but could not find anything either - am I missing something?

Does anyone know how to do this in SiteBuilder 5 ?

Kind Regards,

Chris

Hi burnley,

Right now the only way to create a link to e-mail address is to put "mailto:[email protected]" as external link. Read the following document to learn about other related options: http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html.

We understand that this functionality should be present and properly working in our product, so we'll be fixing this in one of our upcoming releases. Thank you for reporting this and sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks for that. The customers will appreciate simple functions to make their experience better. Also I've had feedback that when the customers create the hyper links some times they become invisible. This is most likely because the font and back ground colour are the same and it can be fixed, but for clients with little experience which I have to say is most Site builder users, it tends to put them off and make the lodge support tickets...

The only other comment I've had back this far is from clients who don't want the captch mechanism on the bottom of their feedback forms.

Chris

Hi burnley,

I've filed your request about optional captcha mechanism in our tracking system, thanks for letting us know.

About your "invisible hyperlinks" problem: we couldn't reproduce this issue internally, so if you have any additional information about this issue, please let me know via PM.

We appreciate you reporting these issues and requests. If you have other nagging issues or wanted features, please let me know. Thank you!

I'm not sure which template the client has chosen, how can I tell by the way? but in this case the top part of the page has a white background and the "theme" they have selected has white for hyper-link colour so as soon as they make a hyper link it disappears. I guess this can be put down to operator error.

Thanks again for your comments.

If my memory serves me right, there's no way to figure out which template was chosen. We'll investigate this issue, thank you for letting us know.

Back