• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Linux / Plesk 10 - Postfix Forwards & Aliases don't work

littlefrog

Regular Pleskian
Just realized that the latest update to 10.1.1 doesn't work with forwards or aliases anymore.

In the .qmail files there is no entry for the forward. Adding it manually gets it to work but not sure why it doesn't work automatically.

Anyone else on RedHat ES5 / CentOS 5 postfix having any issues with forwards / aliases...

Not ones created before the upgrade... just new ones.

Hi,
we have no problems with new ones on CentOS 64bit and with Plesk 10.1.1. Only when migrating domains we have to switch off and then on the forwarding and aliases to get them working.
Regards

gerrr... was hoping to be able to solve by turnnning of and hten back on but didn't work.
All i did was turn mail off and on... did you just to mail or the entire domain?

Same problem

Not sure if it was since last update or since i migrated from Plesk 9 but i as well no longer have my auto-forwarders setup in Plesk...using postfix here...Centos5

Doing this helped get the configuratiion setup properly...

export PLESK_QUOTACHECK_OFF=1
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.10.1-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh

but as soon as i edit an email address that email addresses forwards are then hosed.
Looks like there is still a problem with the core api.

Oddly i tested this on a clean install that has only ever had pp10 on it and only has 1 domain not 450 and it works fine there so maybe plesk just cant handle large number of domain names.

Still email forwards are broken for API RPC calls

So i completely uninstalled plesk...

Reinstalled and STILL can't get plesk to keep forwards.

No odd messages in any of the log files.

There is a very strange bug with the API RPC

If i edit a mailbox in plesk and add a forward it works

if i use the api rpc call even though it shows up in plesk as if the forward should be there the .qmail file representing the email address doesn't contain the code to forward the email to either forwards .. the new one created in the api rpc nor the one created from plesk.

There is no way to add it back either unless you edit it in plesk - remove the forwarded email and then edit the email address and add the forward back and then it shows back up in the .qmail file.

I believe this to be an odd bug in plesk and something the developers need to look into.

I can provide plenty of debugging and path to recreate upon requests as well.

Hello, Ian.

Option --remove is not supported in autoresponder tool since Plesk 10. It has happened because of major changes in autoresponder functionality (there is only one autoresponder that can be set per mail name, and autoresponder has no name).
There is workaround - use option status false to switch off autorepsonder on mailname.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back