• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

List of Bugs I have found in Plesk 10

littlefrog

Regular Pleskian
Some of these may already be posted here...

This is me moving my thread from feedback to here which is where it belongs.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Product: Plesk 10.0.1
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)
32 bit (x86)
--------------------------------------------------------------

1) Error Assigning a domain to an exclusive IP

When assigning a domain to an exclusive ip address that has already been assigned to a different domain it displays error message but still assigns it to the IP.

Under "Tools & Settings" > "IP Addresses" if you view the IP address it shows both domains there.

i) When assigning a domain to an exclusive ip it use to show in brackets the number of domains assigned to that ip - that information is gone.

ii) When viewing list of IP Addresses in "Tools & Settings" > "IP Addresses" that the list would include 2 more columns
a) Default Domain Assigned
b) Certificate Name Assigned

2) Error re-asigning a domain from one subscriber to another
When trying to reassign domains from one subscriber to another and the domain is assigned to a decicated IP it gives this error.

"The IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is available only as none." and does not allow any of the selected domains to be moved.
(note: xxx hide real IP)

IgorG Says: Fixed already. Fix will be included to next Plesk update.

3) CLI - Command Line Interface

a) /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder - No option to remove an auto responder anymore
--remove is gone and now give error if used.

b) /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder - no matter what is used for "Name" format returns error
Can't recognize option 'My Auto Responder Name'

4) Using CLI calls from a PHP script - script crashes

When executing an API call such as
/usr/local/psa/bin/domalias -c test.example.com -domain example.com

This is the command to add an alias called test.example.com to the domain example.com
What happens is the command gets executed but the connection gets reset so the script crashes without executing anything past this point.

This is a command I have been using since Plesk 7 so it has worked for a very long time.

5) Using API RPC framework fails on simple add domain alias call

When using the Parallels Plesk Panel 10 API RPC 1.6.3.0

Even when copying the code right out of the manual
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.6.3.0">
<site-alias>
<create>
<site-id>12</site-id>
<name>myalias.com</name>
</create>
</site-alias>
</packet>

With only replacing the site-id with a id of a parent domain i want to add an alias to and changing the name to a domain alias i want to add...

The request submits.
And just sits there - never returning a response (same error as what happens in #4)

However something odd starts to happen.

All domains that are on the same IP as the one i just added the alias to are now being redirected to the default domain on the IP.

6) Removed (not bug - apparently)

7) Removed (not bug - apparently)

8) Can't Update Administrator Profile with an email address used in customer profile.

I go view a customer - copy their info and then
Click Profile & Preferences
Enter in email address used as a customer address

"Error: Unable to update administrator information: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value."

Last edited:
Thank you for your report. We will investigate it.

6,7. Only Admin or Reseller can be a Provider (create Subscriptions and Plans). Therefore Reseller has own login and own permissions which are not depended on Admin's permissions. This is not bug but Business Logic.

Last edited:
6,7 I understand that however i have resellers who are no longer reselling. I have a need to move these clients to another provider and can not.

In new Resource Model Client has no own resources.
All Resources are placed on Subscription level (former Domain limits and Permissions), so Client operates with Subscription in frame of Subscription’s resources. Therefore you can change Subscriber for subscription but not for clients.

Hyphens refused in domain addresses

Additional bug: I've been upgrading from Plesk 9.2 to 10.0.1, without major issues - however, I can't use my e-mail address in the "e-mail" field of the admin Plesk account. Probably because it refuses the hyphen (the mail domain contains it), as I input another address like my secondary one on gmail it works fine.
I know it's not much, but it's really annoying to not be able to use the designed mailbox for that purpose.

Describe how to get to the screen and what email address you are using or one similar... i will test myself and see what result i get.

I have to correct myself, it's clearly not an hyphen issue. I simply can't reuse as a user address an e-mail address that the system already uses for contact purpose (eg. a domain "contact" information).

Confirmed.

I go view a customer - copy their info and then
Click Profile & Preferences
Enter in email address used as a customer address

"Error: Unable to update administrator information: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value."

I entered in an email address without a -

Adding it to the bug list.
Good job finding this one.

So I decided to create a tech ticket with Parallels on 3,4,5 since they are serious problems for me.
Day one - no resolution
Day two - escalated to level 2
Day three - Weekend... not sure if they work on weekend... so still just waiting around.

>3) CLI - Command Line Interface

There are difference for autoresponder behaviour since 10.0. Now allowed just one autoresponder per mailaccount, so it name is not actual. Autoresponder is present always. U can turn it on/off and update preferences. Note: autoresponder sends reply for same mailaccount once a day.

Just heard back from tech support.

Hello,

Currently the ability to delete an 'autorespnder' is removed in PPP10 versions. We will update our developer to add this feature in future release. At present there is no alternative available Reference URL : http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/10.0.1/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-unix-cli/index.htm

Also the CLI-API 'domalias.php' refuses to exit from the script. We will update our developer to check the API.

Thanks,
--
[sig removed]
Parallels

So I guess I will have to wait until Plesk updates to get some of these resolved.

Hope, that all your wishes will be satisfied. But, it just my IMHO, have great doubt about autoresponder functionality change. At least for REMOVE operation, cause now REMOVE = TURN OFF.

Updated to PSA 10.1.1

I updated to the new version of PSA 10 and it seems none of the bugs I listed have been fixed.
AND ...

New Bugs now:
Watchdog module no longer works.

Tried to enable and get error message:
Error: The monit service does not respond. Refer to Parallels technical support for help.

Old Bugs being retested:

#2 reconfirmed

#4 reconfirmed

I haven't tested the others but will throughout the day.

Troubleshooting the watchdog service:

[root@host ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/wd --regen-all
Unable to process /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc.tpl configuration file:
/usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/service.d/kav:4: Error: the executable does not exist '<kavehost_start>'
/usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/service.d/kav:5: Error: the executable does not exist '<kavehost_stop>'
/usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/service.d/kav:6: Error: syntax error '<kavehost_timeout_restarts>'

Turns out the update doesn't verify that the kavehost exists in the watchdog services.

I have manually added this into mysql table psa.module_watchdog_service and was able to get watchdog back up and running.

Here is the SQL statement incase anyone else has the same issue

INSERT INTO `psa`.`module_watchdog_service` (
`id` ,
`name` ,
`label` ,
`sort_val` ,
`mon_status` ,
`save_stats` ,
`timeout` ,
`timeout_restart_num` ,
`timeout_cycles_num` ,
`connection_timeout` ,
`start_cmd` ,
`stop_cmd` ,
`start_time`
)
VALUES (
NULL , 'kavehost', 'KA Anti Virus', '10', 'monitored', 'on', 'on', '5', '5', '5', '/etc/init.d/kavehost start', '/etc/init.d/kavehost stop', '60'
);

Back