• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue LiteSpeed Jail Not Created

LuigiMdg

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.53_build1800230619.12
Hi, I'm about to buy Plesk, I'm trying it and it doesn't convince me one thing, I installed LiteSpeed but no rule was created on Fail2Ban, as it happens for Apache.
Do I have to configure the jail manually?
Eventually, with what rules?
Thank you

LiteSpeed is a 3rd party web server that is not supported by Plesk, but by LiteSpeed itself.
Seems that they don't offer a template for a jail, from what I can find here:

Maybe other members that use LiteSpeed can help you further.

Last edited:
In reality it is supported as an extension and the installation is done from the panel.
Generally in these situations it is expected that everything is configured properly.

Like with Browsers, etc. extensions/add-ons are often also provided by 3rd parties:
1689240901981.png

Let's see if any other LiteSpeed users have a jail to share, or you would need to contact the LiteSpeed team

Ok, anyway I did a DDOS attack as a test and it banned me successfully, however the IP was whitelisted so it doesn't work?

As not said.. He banned me while I was working on some php and css files from FTP and I was updating the same pages to check for updates gradually..

As not said.. He banned me while I was working on some php and css files from FTP and I was updating the same pages to check for updates gradually..
you would need to check what jailed banned and then the logs of that service

Back