• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Location of Plesk 12.5 Firewall details under SSH

Drimbrull

New Pleskian
I have had a problem on my dedicated server which has meant Plesk is not available, although the sites are now available again. I am using Plesk 12.5 under CentOS 6

I need SSH access to find out the issue, but is is Filtered under the firewall rules administered in the Plesk admin panel which I cannot access.

As far as I understand, I would need to add my current IP to the pool of allowed IP's to connect under SSH - or alternatively turn the filtering off in the firewall.

So, my question is - if I get the server put into recovery mode and gain access via recovery SSH, mount the drive and have access to my files, where would I find either:
  • the file I would need to amend to turn off the Firewall
  • the file so I can remove the SSH filtering
  • the file so I can add another IP address to the pool
If you can think of an alternative I could look at I would appreciate any alternative ideas of course.

I have tried using IPTABLES and installed new rules but it seems the Plesk Firewall is also in effect and is used after IPTABLES as I still cannot gain access after putting IPTABLES with SSH available on port 22.

Thanks in advance,
Stuart

It now seems more of the environment I have is falling apart and I really need to gain SSH access - any thoughts on the location of the firewall config files when logged in through SSH?

Back