• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Log viewer shows a lot of error messages for "extension/letsencrypt" daily (after latest update to 18.0.50)

King555

Regular Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Log viewer shows a lot of error messages for "extension/letsencrypt" daily (after latest update to 18.0.50)

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 web admin edition, Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Since the latest update to 18.0.50 I get a lot of error message likes this in the Plesk log (I view it with the log viewer within Plesk):

Unable to validate certificate 'Lets Encrypt example.com' to calculate statistics. Skip it: To read x509 certificate from file or string use methods PleskExt\Letsencrypt\OpenSsl\X509Certificate::fromFile() or PleskExt\Letsencrypt\OpenSsl
\X509Certificate::fromString()

This message never appeared before the update. Now it's every morning at 06:32 am. "example.com" is to be replaced by my domain, of course. There are 31 entries. Every domain/subdomain/alias appears two times per day (except one, obviously).

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Have Plesk 18.0.50 and the Let's Encrypt extension installed and several secured domains.

ACTUAL RESULT

Error message in the Plesk log file. The certificates seem fine, the websites are accessible normally via HTTPS.

EXPECTED RESULT

No error message in the Plesk log file. ;)

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Also since the update, but only maybe the same context (error logged under category "panel"):

PHP Warning: openssl_pkey_get_public(): Don't know how to get public key from this private key; File: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/vendor/namshi/jose/src/Namshi/JOSE/Signer/OpenSSL/PublicKey.php, Line: 63

(only when certificates are assigned)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

The issue is probably already known, just in different context. Root cause seems to be self-signed certificates cannot be recognized correctly. I annotated an existing case with a link to this thread. As this is just a cosmetic log entry issue and does not have an impact of using the product, let us just monitor the existing issue ID [EXTADVISOR-918]. The issue described in this thread will most likely be resolved when that one is resolved.

Back