• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Logging with WebDAV on Windows10

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I'm trying to connect to this server that Plesk has installed with WebDAV.
However, I can't connect with Windows10 explorer(as Network Drive (mapping) or NET USE command.
Even if I log in to any hierarchy, server will say "System error 5, access denied".

At this time, I can connect with Windows's third party client application for WebDAV.
Also I can connect with Mac's Finder.

I'm using another server that doesn't use Plesk.
I can login to this server with WebDAV. There is no unusual fault. I think that it isn't a problem only on the Windows side unconditionally.
I have five Windows PCs and one Mac. Windows can't connect to the server on any PC. *I can connect any PC to a non-Plesk server.

I turned off the firewall and allowed port 139 but it was useless

I think this is a matter of setting.
How can I connect using Windows explorer or Net use command?

My environment:
CentOS7.3 PHP7.1 Apache 2.4.6

Hi,

You do no need allow port 139. WebDAV work via 80/443. I googled WebDAV in Windows can't work without SSL3/TLS1.0 but I did not check this myself.

Thank you for reply,

Hi,
You do no need allow port 139. WebDAV work via 80/443. I googled WebDAV in Windows can't work without SSL3/TLS1.0 but I did not check this myself.

I could access with the code below.
Code:
SSLProtocol ALL -SSLv3
- or -
SSLProtocol SSLv3

I can't access with the code below.
Code:
SSLProtocol ALL -SSLv2 -SSLv3

Do I need to use SSLv2?

Do I need to use SSLv2?

No, please do not use it.

http://disablessl3.com said:
SSL, and its successor TLS, are cryptographic protocols designed to provide communication security over the Internet. In the web realm, they are providing HTTPS, but they are also used for other application protocols. SSLv1 was never publicly released, and SSLv2 was quickly found to be insecure. SSLv3 was created, and, together with the newer TLSv1/1.1/1.2, it is still currently being used to secure the transport layer of the Internet.

As it happened for SSLv2, recently Google engineers pointed out that SSLv3 is broken (with an exploitation technique known as POODLE) and should not be used any longer. There is a patch, but it does not mitigate the issue completely as it will work only if both sides of the connection have been patched. SSLv3 is nearly 18 years old, but support for it remains widespread. Clients and servers should disable SSLv3 as soon as possible. While there is a tiny fraction of Internet users that run very outdated systems that do not support TLS at all, clients that won't be able to connect to your website or service are limited: CloudFlare announced on October 14th 2014 that less than 0.09% of their visitors still rely on SSLv3.

(c) Disable SSLv3

No, please do not use it.
"Apache and ningx settings" in Plesk's control panel. By entering "SSL Protocol ALL - SSLv 3" in "Apache additional directive" in it, I can access.

I rent a VPS server.
Is there a way to make it connectable using "SSL Protocol ALL - SSLv2 - SSLv3"?

I don't yet know if this is the right setting or coincidence.
Plesk>Website and Domain>Apache and nginx Sittings>Apache add directive
In these fields I can connect when I enter the following.
Code:
Header set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains"
*There is no entry about SSLProtocol.
Is this correct? However, this is strange. Previously I was doing this setting. I could't connect at that time. But I can connect now. Will I be unable to connect again after a while?
I will try to see the stability of the connection with this for a while.

I’m disappointed.:(
I have not changed the setting at all from that. Now that time has passed since the last post, I have been unable to connect.
I have not got a solution even if I contact the server management company.

is there any solution to WebDAV problem between Plesk and Windows 10 ?

I have Plesk Obsidian - Version 18.0.20 Update #2

is there any solution to WebDAV problem between Plesk and Windows 10 ?

I have Plesk Obsidian - Version 18.0.20 Update #2
I'm scared and haven't updated to Obsidian yet.

I'm adjusting WebClient with a Windows service(app). I set WebClient "Startup Type" to "Automatic" and make the service running. If you have a big Windows Update, it will be forced back to manual, so be careful. And I have mounted the NC volume with VBscript just in case.

Back