• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Login page uses

• Thread starter ROBERT WENDLAND
  • Start date
R

ROBERT WENDLAND

How is a login page useful? Can the entered data be tested in HTML to direct a visitor to a page, or to send an email to his email address only if the login is successful? I would like to send a file to the visitor only if he or she successfully logs in.

Is the sysadmin notified if a login fails? Is the sysadmin notified if the login succeeds? If the sysadmin is notified by email, could a reply be generated based on the login success or failure, i.e. a successful login gets email message 1 and an unsuccessful login gets email message 2?

Can a reply email be sent with an attachment? If so what does the tag look like?

I'd like to know how others are using the login page. Sitebuilder merely allows successfully logged in visitors to update their own information.

The login page isn't too useful unless you are using the Sitebuilder online shopping page.

However, I could create a password protected directory at my web, then create a subdomain located in the protected directory, then create a new website in the subdomain using Sitebuilder, and finally establish a link in the public website to point to the web in the subdomain. Upon entering the protected domain, a user has to log in.

Emails can be sent with an attachment fairly easily if the web site supports MIME. I found a few websites that provided the necessary code.

Hi Robert,
I'm not totally sure that I understand your solution for password protected directories.

It appears that sitebuilder won't publish to a password protected directory as for some reason it looks for files in the directory to see if it is working and it can't see them because it is password protected.

You mention subdirectories and asubdomains could you please explain?

Back