• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Login Screen re-appears

D

Drenzla

I have just purchased a new computer and am having trouble logging into plesk. I can view the login screen, but when I type my userid and password, login3.php screen comes back up. I don't get any error messages, just the same screen appears, over and over.Occasionally, but very seldom, I will get on to the Plesk desktop, but then I usually get kicjed back to the same login screen again in short order. This happens on both of my plesk installations on two different servers. It does not happen on other computers. Is there some setting on this new machine I need to set, or turn off? This is a very annoying problem. I have tried to mess with cookies, etc., to no avail. Please help!!

try clearing internet explorer's cache.

Also try firefox instead - does it work OK?

Faris.

Faris ,Thanks for the quick reply. No, Clearing cache does not work. Could it have anything to do with having a dynamic Ip? I go through a proxy server here. There is no cache to clear on the proxy server. I am really grasping at straws now, as it only happens on this computer, not on my home computer. Thanks for the quick reply.

If your IP changes on each request then you wont establish a session as plesk logs this against the IP address.

Try going to a site like whatismyip.org and refresh the screen a few times and see if your ip changes, if it does this is probably the issue.

Thanks for the help guys. The ip going through the proxy is now being forced and I am now able to logon, and stay on , normally. Thanks again for the quick feedback and assistance.

If your IP changes on each request then you wont establish a session as plesk logs this against the IP address.

Try going to a site like whatismyip.org and refresh the screen a few times and see if your ip changes, if it does this is probably the issue.

I checked the frequency of the IP changing and it was too frequent so I believe this is the cause of the problem with difficulty in logging into Plesk Control Panel.

So, what is the solution to this problem?

Had a similar problem with Horde and after reading up on the web I changed the iptables setting from True to False and the problem with Horde disappeared.

What do I need to do with the Plesk Control panel to resolve this problem?

Many thanks for your time.

Back